Additional oak woodland management information including species identification, monitoring, bird habitats, creating management plans and more are available in this Oak Savanna Alliance Resource Guide.
Oak Savanna Workday on Saturday, May 11th from 9 - Noon.
Check back for information about a Field Workshop to be held in early October 2013!
Identify, preserve and protect high quality examples of oak savanna in the Southern Kettle Moraine Region.
- Inventory areas for high quality sites
- Focus land acquisition and easements
- Develop resources for private land owners
- Encourage appropriate zoning for protection
Manage existing and restore degraded Oak Savanna in the Southern Kettle Moraine Region.
- Develop guidelines for private land owners
- Explore grants to expand management
- Promote prescribed fire as a management tool
Educate the public and local decision makers about Oak Savannas and benefits of preservation.
- Provide information
- Encourage research
- Develop partnerships
- Link people with web based resources